Thursday, July 19, 2012

Trekking Prepp


I haven't been hiking in a long long time and so when we booked our trip up north to climb Sweden's tallest mountain, Kebnekaise, I was stoked.
I soon realize that I was firstly way out of shape for hiking and secondly that my gear might me equally out of shape.


This is what I planend to bring:


Clothing and Footwear

  • Rain Gear
  • Underwear
  • First Layer/Second Layer
  • Second/Third Layer
  • Third/Shell Layer
  • Hat and Gloves
  • 1st layer socks
  • 2nd layer socks
  • Short Pants or climbing pants
  • Hiking Boots
  • Rock climbing Shoes

Shelter


  • Ground sheet
  • Sleeping Bag
  • Hygiene Bag
  • Alpine Tent

Cooking and Hygene
  • Water bottle/Hydration System
  • Thermos
  • Portable Kitchen
  • Cooking Fuel
Tools
  • Sharp Knife
  • Multi-Tools
  • Lights

Safety
  • Sun Glasses
  • Tape
  • Sun Screen
  • Med pack


The Gadgets


  • GoPro Camera
  • Lumia 800, Smart Phone 
  • Nikon D200
  • Sony HDR CX-180

This is what I forgot to bring or did not have time to find:


  • Sun Glasses (can't find mine)
  • Tape (forgot)
  • Sun Screen (Not a priority)
  • First Aid (don't have one)
  • Multi tool (I got my knife)
  • Lights (not a priority as it's light all night and day)
  • Water bottle/hydration system (frustrated over not finding any of my systems. I would have liked to bring my camel-back system.)
  • cooking fuel (no time)
  • ground sheet (can't find it)
  • gloves
  • Salt, pepper and spices

I also noticed I might need:


  • Utensils
  • Washing equipment
  • Mosquito repellent
  • Lighter


Since I have a few hours during work today and also between work and catching the train I'll try to get these items in the following order of importance:


  1. Water bottle
  2. Utensils
  3. Mosquito repellent
  4. Ground sheet
  5. Lighter
  6. Washing equipment
  7. Gloves
I'll outsource the cooking fuel to Stefan ;)

I'll let you know how the trip went.




1 comment:

  1. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is a National level Board of Education in India for Public and Private Schools, CBSE 4th Class ebooks Controlled and Managed by Union Government of India, Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Primary School Syllabus Start in Month of July.

    ReplyDelete