Thursday, August 30, 2012

Photo vs Video

The camera or the camera? I know it's not a dilemma most people face but I do. I often struggle with the choice of camera. Mostly weather to take pictures or to film. They both have their benefits and definitivily appeal to somewhat different sides of me.


The downside of using the video camera is that is usually takes a lot of time and footage to make something decent and even more time and planning to make something great. At least with a normal camera (in my case a Nikon D700) one can usually just pay attention and wait for those good moments to pop up.


I'd really like to get better at both Photography and Film but it just takes to much time to do both at the same time. Well at least without taking pictures and filming being the main focus. After all for me the primary thing is usually doing something else and just having the opportunity to snap a few shots. Now if those shots happen to be good that's totally a nice bonus.


Come to think of it, I've only ever been on a pure photographic mission. It was the Jungles of Sumatra and we where trying to get a few good clicks on some orangutans. Other than that there's been a few times I've been out purely to grab a few shots but not really as a real mission so to say.


This weekend was the last sailing trip with the long-ship Helgaholm and I figured I'd give just snapping a few frames the primary seat. I did bring a video camera but only pickled it up once. Not wanting to bring a lot of lenses due to my weight and size limiting mind set for adventure I went with a zoom lens. Something I think is fine these days. Yeah sure fixed lenses do get better Images, but not that much better warranting hauling around a lot of extra weight and the time changing lenses and/or cameras.


It was a short two day trip. But two days was enough to give me a cold. Coming back from the tropics less than 24h before departure, rain, wind, jet-lagged and sleep deprivation KOed my immune system. Still if was a real nice trip with a mix of all kinds of weather. Sun, Rain, Wind, in other words a typical Swedish summer. The crayfish where amazing and it was a good thing everyone brought lots and lots of extras as I did not have time to go procure food after arrival. In fact "bosö båtklubb" (or Bosö Boat Club) had gotten a whole lot of extra craw fish making the crawdads more than plentiful. Me likey very much =D


2 comments:

  1. The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha, will conduct the Odisha 12th board exam 2021 throughout the state of Orissa. Odisha board releases previous year sample papers for students to practice questions, Odisha HS Question Paper 2021 understand the exam pattern and strategize on how to attempt the paper of various subjects. Therefore, students have time to practice various sample papers, learn time management and prepare accordingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nagaland Board 10th Model Question Paper 2022 Blueprint Available Students you can Download in Pdf format form this web page below given links. HSLC Regular and Private Students Prepare their Exam from these Sample Paper, Students have to Register for Appearing in Public Exam 2022. NBSE Madhyamik Model Paper 2022 Provide SSLC Latest and Last Year Exam Study Material for Syllabus, Question Paper etc, Hindi, English Medium Pdf Format. So if you are also among those students who have Registered them self as a Regular or Private Student are Suggested to Download these Nagaland Board HSLC Sample Paper 2022 must Prepare all Subjects.

    ReplyDelete