Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Random Ticket

Coming back from Singapore (SG) I enjoyed my two days of rest and relaxation (RnR)in KL. Spending way too much money in SG (90 Singapore dollar per night) for a hotel room I could feel the equation "time=money" quickly morphing into "time = money^2". In fact I had booked another ticket for SG only two days after I had came back from there. This was a result of my unscheduled first visit to SG. The original visit (chronological visit no2) was in fact booked about six months ago. I however did not feel like going back there so soon. Neither did I feel like staying in KL so there was only one choice. Get a ticket to somewhere.
Checking for cheap flight to anywhere with budget airlines like Berjaya air and AirAsia I fond little that I could catch the same day. One flight to the Similan islands I only missed with about two hours. Going with my backup plan and hitting up the buss terminal I found a couple of tickets. There where many ticket but mine ended up taking me to Mersing. A coastal dump on the east coast. With no great purpose except getting people to Tioman or giving them bedbugs(in my opinion) it won't provide much of a notice for most travelers. For me, it was a charming place. I don't know about you but I can just feel the nothingness and dirt oozing out of the little allies. It felt genuine, not like the bars at Clark Quay, Singapore or Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur which are like a mix of real bar districts and Disneyland or real bars and a slum in KL's case.
Hopefully I'll find some time on this next "Random Paradise Island" to write a few lines about what life there entails. And if you guys have any suggestions of where to go next I'm definitively open to some new destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment